ELG Carbon Fibre Limited (ECF) is an UK subsidiary of ELG Haniel Group, headquartered in Duisburg, Germany. ELG is one of the world’s leading specialists in handling and recyclinghigh-value raw materials for the stainless steel, superalloys and carbon fibre industries.
The goal of ECF is to facilitate the use of carbon fibre in emerging, high volume applications, by converting manufacturing waste and end-of-life components into cost effective, carbon fibre structural materials for the plastic compounding and composites industries.
We make no secret of our global expansion plans which include the launch of additional overseas facilities and with this in mind, we are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our committed team based in Coseley.
General Description / Purpose of Role:
This role involves responsibility for all day to day production and maintenance activities at the Coseley manufacturing plant; responsible for leading, planning, organising, and controlling all aspects of the operations to ensure production orders are completed to the highest standard and production targets are met and exceeded in an efficient and safe operating environment. The position requires candidates who have previously demonstrated strong achievements around implementing lean and continuous improvement and the ability to lead and drive a change culture within a fast-developing environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leadership of the Production Team with a focus on developing a proactive quality and cost driven organisation and culture within a lean manufacturing environment. Drive and enhance a strong continuous improvement and change culture.
- Lead teams to deliver set KPI's across safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Full responsibility for planning of the production operation to ensure optimal productivity using all available production resources, including, but not limited to, scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; and resolving problems.
- Manage the maintenance department, including, but not limited to, organizing the team and the work schedules; prioritizing work; maintaining an effective maintenance stores inventory; purchasing and budgetary control; and line management responsibilities.
- Supporting recruitment and onboarding activities in close liaison with the HR department.
- Work closely with the quality department to pro-actively work to resolve quality issues to ensure customer needs (both internal and external) are met.
- Hire, train, direct, motivate and perform employee reviews and appraisals for all applicable staff.
- Ensure all production and maintenance operations are carried out in strict accordancewith SOP’s.
- Promote and be fully responsible for a safe and clean work environment through promoting training and awareness and ensure all resources are available in order to effect this.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on production and maintenance performance to the Management Board.
- Be an effective member of the management team—identifying problems and working with the management team to overcome them; identifying opportunities for development; and supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsibility for spend against budget, controlling production costs and identifying cost saving through continuous improvement
- Implement production targets and ensure they are consistently communicated to staff and provide coaching and guidance support to ensure staff are committed to achieving these targets.
- To provide effective two-way communications between management and staff and ensure policies and procedures are communicated and followed consistently; and identifying training opportunities to embed these policies throughout the organization.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Minimum Education Qualifications:
- Formal management or leadership qualification would be advantageous.
Minimum Previous Experience:
- Proven previous experience in leading a 24/7 production department within the manufacturing industry.
Minimum Additional Training:
- First Aid, Fire Marshall / Incident Controller would be advantageous.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Ability to identify and resolve problems especially when working with production data
- Managing and measuring work—ability to assign clear responsibility for tasks and decisions, setting clear objectives and measures, monitoring performance, progress
- Fully computer literate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong inter-departmental working
- Excellent communication skills coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving
We are recruiting for a variety of Factory roles, if you would like further information please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org